Friday 22 June 2012

Summators (mostly) installed!

Here is the final photograph from the HBA summator installation. In the end we installed 48 Y-polarisation units and 42 X-polarisation units. We could not install the last few X-polarisation units, as we did not have a full set of parts. This work will be completed in July when the ASTRON team are back to do the next stage of the RF installation work.

Five of the HBA installation team (minus Joona... who took the photograph!).

A big thank you to all the team for their efforts in getting the job done in such a short time. Owing to the windy weather, it was just as well it was completed soon. But it had stayed dry, which was important... although with the consequence of a lot of static electricy, which meant we were regularly getting zapped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.