The main functions of CAWSES-II are to help coordinate international activities in observations, modelling, and applications crucial to achieving this understanding, to involve scientists in both developed and developing countries, and to provide educational opportunities for students of all levels.
This International CAWSES-II Symposium will provide an excellent opportunity to discuss the scientific accomplishments of CAWSES-II and look forward to SCOSTEP's future programs at a moment toward the end of its five-year period. The symposium will cover the six major themes of CAWSES-II tasks:
- What are the solar influences on the Earth's climate?,
- How will geospace respond to an altered climate?,
- How does short-term solar variability affect the geospace environment?,
- What is the geospace response to variable inputs from the lower atmosphere?,
- Capacity Building,
- Informatics and eScience.
The symposium offers keynotes/lectures that will be interesting for all participants every morning and more specific sessions of presentations in the afternoon.
Abstract submission deadline: 7 July, 2013
Symposium Date: 18-22 November, 2013