In 14-25 October 2013 SGO and BDU will organise Winter School 2013. The main objective is to design and implement an educational module on mathematical radar theory. The proposed module consists of the following courses:
|View to Lake tana|
- Incoherent scatter radar theory
- Computational inverse problems
- Prior Distributions for Bayesian Inversion with Applications
- Modern riometer techniques for middle-atmosphere research
According to BDU proposal, and time allowing, we also consider:
- Course content revision of selected courses.
- Inter-departmental collaboration between Mathematics, Physics and Electrical Engineering departments.
- Radio science laboratory update.
|History of victories: Ethiopia - 1, Finland - 1|
Based on winter school course grades, the organisers will provide a possibility for 1 or 2 top-level M.Sc students M.Sc thesis position at Sodankylä Geophysical Observatory spring 2014!
The Winter School is funded by:
- Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland: HEI-ICI project - Mathematics & Working Life
- Centre for International Mobility CIMO: North-South-South project - East Africa Technomathematics IV